Transaction Advisory Services
Recent high levels of market liquidity have seen more middle market business owners transitioning their companies to new owners. Geffen Mesher is here to assist whether you are an investor or a business owner. We assist in every stage of a transaction, working with you and your team of professional advisors to accomplish your goals.
Pre-transaction services, including:
- Performing valuation studies
- Conducting transfer pricing studies
- Consulting on asset and stock purchase/sale agreements and deal structures
- Performing quality of earnings studies
- Advising on tax implications of proposed deal structures
- Identifying and consulting on likely due diligence issues
- Performing buy-side financial and tax due diligence
- Performing sell-side financial due diligence
- Forecasting cash flow and closing date working capital requirements
- Modeling post-closing financial performance
Post-closing services, including:
- Providing purchase allocation services for GAAP financial reporting
- Integrating financial and operating systems
- Providing financial statement auditing and tax compliance services
- Monitoring financial performance and cash flows
- Analyzing internal controls and recommending improvements
The Geffen Mesher Transaction Advisory team includes a number of professionals whose services are managed by the following team members:
DAVE PORTER, CPA, CFE, PI
Combining his experience in private industry and public accounting, Dave helps companies prepare for sale. Dave reviews and helps to structure buy/sell agreements, identifies potential accounting issues affecting purchase prices and mitigate the impacts. He also helps buyers with financial due diligence, buy/sell agreements and post transaction monitoring and implementation.
Prior to joining Geffen Mesher, Dave led two organizations he founded that provided CFO and consulting services to privately owned companies. His professional experience also includes Vice President/Controller responsibility for a rapidly growing personal computer manufacturer. Dave’s experience working in private industry has provided him with excellent insight into the challenges faced by many clients. Earlier in his career, Dave was a Senior Manager with Ernst & Young in Houston, Texas and Portland, Oregon.
EMILY BRADFORD, CPA, CFE, PI
Audit Senior Manager
Emily joined the firm in 2008 and provides auditing and accounting services to our clients in a variety of industries, including distribution, manufacturing, technology and professional services. She provides our clients a range of consulting services, including design and effectiveness of internal controls for financial reporting as well as assisting companies with buy/sell-side financial due diligence.
Emily has earned the prestigious Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation, which denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence. Emily enjoys sitting down with each client and understanding what their needs are, as well as offering recommendations on how to improve their processes and strengthen internal controls.
LEE FOSTER, CPA, CFF, ABV, ASA
Director, BV Advisors
Lee provides valuation advisory services to assist buyers and sellers by providing an independent and unbiased assessment as to the fair market value or investment value of a business, including conducting appraisals for SBA 7(a) loans, and by valuing personal goodwill when appropriate. His services help the client estimate the value of the equity or invested capital in a business, considering the income-generating ability of the business, as well as private and public market-based multiples to derive value of the subject company. In addition, Lee regularly provides consulting services in this area, including letter of intent deal value implications, term sheet analysis, ratio benchmarking with peer group, and sales price negotiation.