People Like Working Here
It’s often the little facts that add up to a firm. We could buy fancy gold letters to spell our core values on a conference room wall, but instead we choose to live them with each other. It’s easy because our shareholders are humble, down-to-earth humans.
What Kind of Work
- You will work with privately held businesses that are generally bigger than mom-n-pop shops, but not publicly traded. Our client list reads like a rollcall of iconic Portland brands—whether they have been around for decades or just opened shop a few years ago.
- You may also work with individual clients. These individuals are from families that built great companies in the Pacific Northwest. Clients are like family to us; the kind you wish you could spend more time with.
- You’ll have opportunities to flex your mental muscles in several of our specialized practice areas like Forensics or our Asia Pacific practice. We have many practice areas because we like to back good ideas from passionate people. Our newest practice area was even spun out into a newly branded division called Forward/Slash.
- You will have opportunities to give back to the community. There are so many waves of generosity happening around you at Geffen Mesher that you’ll eventually want to pitch in. You might use your paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO) or go deep by joining a nonprofit board.
What Kind of Benefits
Hands down, the best benefit is working with the people, each other, and clients. We also invest in you as an up-and-coming thought leader with more than 40 hours of external training and over 20 hours of internal training per year. All staff members are paired with an advisor who is personally invested in your professional growth from day one. Development opportunities include:
- Direct partner/manager accessibility
- Internal and external CPE courses
- PTO for CPA exam
- Professional memberships and licenses
- Bonus for passing CPA exams
- Discounts on multiple CPA review courses
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art technology
What Kind of Programs
Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI)
In 2013 Geffen Mesher established the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) with programs such as leadership workshops, customized work arrangements to ease family schedules, and other programs for working parents.
Diversity Equity Inclusion (DEI) Committee
Sparked by the Black Lives Matter protests of 2020, Geffen Mesher made a commitment to our BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) community. Led by a groundswell of staff, the DEI Committee is excited to address systemic issues that impact our firm, our industry, and ultimately, our community.
All professional staff are paired with an advisor when they first join the firm. Advisors and advisees meet daily and discuss anything from current workload to career guidance to hobbies. The Advisor program is one of many ways for senior staff to support new hires, but you’ll quickly learn that everyone at Geffen Mesher is rooting for your success.
Leadership Development Program (LDP)
Geffen Mesher has specific operations staff dedicated to supporting your professional goals by providing immersive opportunities and sponsoring tailored training initiatives designed to strengthen your business acumen.
Our student programs include Internships that offer real-world experience and networking opportunities to ambitious students and our Summer Leadership Program. Learn all about it here.
Building Our Future Together