Q. What is the process for intern/entry level recruiting?
We typically recruit for entry level and intern positions once a year in the fall, during campus recruiting season. Positions are usually posted on our website and university career pages/Handshake beginning in mid-August, and we actively recruit on campus at University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Portland State University, University of Portland, Linfield College, George Fox University and Washington State Vancouver. If you attend a school where we do not actively recruit, feel free to contact our Talent Development Manager, Julie Brodell-Martin, for more information on those applications.
Summer Leadership Program recruiting takes place in the winter months – typically between January and March.
Q. What does Geffen Mesher look for in candidates?
• Students with GPAs of 3.25 or higher
• Ability and desire to take initiative
• Commitment to excellence and integrity
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Adaptability to adapt to changing situations with ease and grace
• Enthusiasm and motivation to have long-term success as a CPA
Q. How do I choose between Tax and Audit?
• Time to work on both tax and audit before you need to choose
• Early client contact with diverse clients and industries
• A variety of assignments
• The opportunity to work with all levels of staff, including shareholders
Q. What sets Geffen Mesher apart from other regional firms?
Our amazing people, who are personable, down-to-earth, caring and approachable. We also have an individualized approach to mentoring and career development, and a friendly, relaxed work environment.
Meet Our Talent Development Manager
Julie is our Talent Development Manager and oversees the college and experienced hire recruiting for the firm. She joined us in 2007, and is a key part of building relationships with faculty and staff at various campuses. Julie is passionate about matching strong recruits with our future needs to find the best fit for the applicants as well as for the firm. She particularly enjoys supporting our new hires as they learn and grow in their careers here.