Geffen Mesher Announces Summer Promotions
August 25, 2021
At the end of July, Mike Rompa, CEO of Geffen Mesher, announced the promotions of seventeen team members throughout our operations and client service teams. “Being promoted during such challenging times demonstrates a unique dedication to their craft and care for clients. I’m proud of this group and the greater adaptability they represent.”
These team members were promoted to Senior Manager in their respective areas:
- Tax Senior Manager Rob Wiest, whose specialties include tax-free exchanges and serves clients in the hospitality industry.
- Tax Senior Manager Tammy Amborn serves in our Dealer Services practice and specializes in trust and estate tax.
- Family Office Senior Manager Michelle Hooton leads our Family Office practice in providing financial concierge services to high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Forward/Slash Senior Manager Beth Nguyen leads our Forward/Slash outsourced accounting practice and serves on the board of Oregon Entrepreneurs Network.
These team members were promoted to Manager in their respective areas:
- Tax Manager Chris Moses serves many of our high-net-worth individuals and complex real estate clients. He specializes in many aspects of real estate including like-kind exchanges, partnership allocations and tax depreciation.
- Tax Manager Kurt Muramatsu specialties include partnership taxation and high net worth individuals. He is a sought-after resource for unique technical issues.
- Audit Manager Theresa Joyce’s specialties include HUD Audits, employee benefit plan audits, and Professional services.
- Forward/Slash Manager Veronica Miller, serving emerging growth clients in our Forward/Slash outsourced accounting practice and a leader on our Diversity Equity and Inclusion committee.
These team members were promoted to Senior in their respective areas:
- Tax Senior Blake Robison specializes in partnership returns. Initially working with manufacturing and construction clients, Blake now focuses on real estate.
- Audit Senior Diana Maxim serves in our audit and assurance practice and assists clients in manufacturing and technology as well as a team member of our employee benefit plan audit practice.
- Audit Senior Cory Robbins specialties include Employee benefit plan audits, manufacturing, and professional services.
- Audit Senior Sarah Stone serves her clients in the professional services, manufacturing, and construction industries.
- Audit Senior Justin Worthy has expertise in manufacturing, distribution, and industrial and business services. He is a senior analyst in our Transaction Advisory Services group and has an exceptional ability to utilize data from various sources to help our clients make highly informed decisions in a business transaction.
- Forward/Slash Senior Rachel Athos serves in our Forward/Slash outsourced accounting practice and Family Office, supporting high net worth clients, their families, and small businesses.
Key promotions in our Operations team:
- Operations Specialist Anne Leyva uses her skillset to assist with both the Tax and Audit departments including releasing tax returns, handling client materials, writing formal engagement letters, and playing a key role in assembling a wide variety of paper documentation in compliance with formal deadlines.
- System Administrator Chris Kooken uses his expertise in hardware, troubleshooting, and Microsoft applications and operating systems to ensure our IT systems run smoothly and our staff receives excellent technical support
Congratulations to all our team members!